Invest in Manipur

Switzerland of the East  

 

 <Home>

   

Saturday, 08 June, 2013

 

Population

Manipur has a population of 22.94 lakhs (2001 Census provisional figure). Of the total population, 61.54% live in the valley and the remaining 38.46% are in the hill areas. The hills are inhabited mainly by the tribals and the valley by the Meiteis (including Meitei Muslims). The distribution of area, population and density, literacy rate, etc. as per the 2001 Census provisional figures are as below:

Total Population (Nos.)

  22,93,896

Male Population ( " )

  11,61,952
Female Population ( " )   11,31,944
Rural Population ( " )   17,17,928 
Urban Population ( " )   5,75,968 
Sex Ratio (Female per '000 Male)   974 
Density of Population ( Per Sq. Km.)   103
Literate Population (Nos.)   13,10,534 (70.5%)
Towns (including 5 Census towns)   33

 

Disclaimer:
The site is designed, hosted and maintained by NIC Manipur State Unit
based on the content materials supplied by Directorate of Industries Government of  Manipur.
For suggestion and feedback please contact
Director of Commerce and Industries, Manipur or State Informatics Officer, NIC Manipur